“Our most important decisions are discovered, not made. We can make the unimportant ones but the major ones require us to wait with the discovery.”
-Anne Wilson Scheaf
Personal Motivation to not Drink for Now:
As you head into week number two of your 30 days, it is important to review the reasons that you made your decision and stick to it.
- I don’t want to get into trouble again and I want to make better decisions.
- I plan on attending law school, grad school, or will need security clearance in the future and do not need disciplinary incidents on my record.
- I no longer want to spend too much money on drinking.
- I want to feel good about the way in which I am meeting new people or relating to others more genuinely (as my real self).
- I want to improve how I am doing academically by not getting drunk and feeling unmotivated.
- I am physically being affected by my use.
- I want to quit and not just say I am going to do it.
- I want to get into better shape and have more energy.
- I don’t want to accidentally harm or hurt anyone physically or verbally because I was drinking.
- I do not want to be involved sexually with someone that I would have regret or guilt about later.
- I want to make the most out of my college experience and goals without having regrets and be proud of what I have accomplished.
- I no longer want using to interfere with who I am spiritually and intellectually.
- I no longer want to take foolish risks and embarrass others, my family, or myself.
- I want to have fewer interpersonal conflicts.
Three obstacles that I will not let get in the way: