Sleep is the golden ticket.
You are here to be your best and perform your best in the classroom. We have the secret to your success: sleep.
It’s easy to think that pulling an “all-nighter” or even skimping on sleep will get you ahead. Research shows that getting high-quality sleep will allow you to have peak academic performance, protect your immune system, reduce stress, increase your memory and cognitive abilities, allow you to display good judgment, and increase your overall well-being.
Here are a few simple tips to getting more sleep:
- Set a consistent bedtime every night and wake at the same time every morning.
- Limit caffeine.
- Get regular exercise.
- Avoid long naps.
- Do your best to relax prior to bedtime.
- Get outside for natural light and fresh air.
- Pick up a sleep kit at McWell.
If you would like additional information about sleep quality, stop by McWell.
- Visit the McWell sleep program page to learn about enrolling in our Sleep Program and how to obtain a sleep kit.