“Faith in our self has to work 24 hours a day!”
-Adapted from AA quote
One important way to continue your success with quitting, is to do things that will solidify your decision not to get high anymore. It is time to get rid of all paraphernalia!
- Throw out lighters, bongs, one hitters, roach clips, etc.
- Review your list of reasons to quit.
- Schedule an appointment to have your teeth cleaned.
- Use your money you are saving to buy yourself a new CD or movie.
- You may feel dizzy or nauseated, so focus on taking care of yourself. Take aspirin, go for a walk, or relax in a hot bath.
The more you reward yourself and renew your commitment each day, the more likely that a year from now you’ll still be able say that you have not touched marijuana in a year.