Notre Dame Community & Alcohol Use
Inspired by the characteristics of our Catholic Holy Cross tradition, we believe our shared commitment to building a vibrant and inclusive community of students, staff, and faculty, in which the dignity of all persons is valued and championed, is integral to our mission and your educational experience. Grounded in this commitment, the University invites you to engage in programs central to fostering your safety, well-being, and sense of belonging as a new student at Notre Dame. To that end, the University has adopted AlcoholEdu.
AlcoholEdu is a nationwide, evidence-based online module, run by Vector Solutions, that will provide you with education on these topics and help you develop critical skills to make more thoughtful and intentional decisions. This online module is interactive and will take about one hour to complete.
Alcohol is a significant issue in the lives of students in both high school and college, and it affects individuals as well as families and friends. Like many universities, our community is impacted by alcohol use.
AlcoholEdu is designed to help you develop critical skills to make more thoughtful and intentional choices, reduce the negative consequences of alcohol use, and prepare to join a strong community of individuals working to make Notre Dame a safer and healthier community. Our aim is that you will employ the skills learned in this course to find safety, wellness, and a sense of belonging at Notre Dame. In addition, your participation in confidential course surveys guides our programming decisions for the rest of the academic year.
How to Complete AlcoholEdu
Please note: the AlcoholEdu module and content will not be accessible until after the launch date. Prior to that date, students may be able to get onto the Vector Solutions platform, but their course section will be empty. If you are unable to get onto the system or your course section is still empty after the launch date, please contact email@example.com.
You will need internet access and your NetID to login and complete the course. (Click here for NetID information) There are multiple ways to access the course:
- Login (using your NetID) to canvas.nd.edu and follow the link from the "Welcome Week" site.
- Access the course through the ND AlcoholEDU invitation sent to your Notre Dame email.
- Go directly to the AlcoholEDU site here ND-Vector Sign-in.
- About 6 weeks after the Part 1 deadline, an automated email for you to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu. Accessing Part 2 can occur in any of the above ways.
- Part One should take about one to one and half hours, Part Two should take about fifteen minutes.
- The course includes surveys to help personalize the experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors.
- All survey responses are strictly confidential; the University of Notre Dame will only receive information about the student body as a whole and completion progress, but will never see an individual student’s answers.
- Students may complete the course in multiple sittings and progress will be saved between each module; each separate module in the course must be completed in one sitting.
- If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact the McDonald Center for Student Well-Being (574-631-7970 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Both parts of AlcoholEDU for Fall '22 were due & closed December 2, 2022.
Part 1 Launch: December 20, 2022
Part 1 Deadline: January 17, 2023
Part 2 Launch: February 27, 2023
Part 2 Deadline: March 3, 2023
If you are experiencing issues with the AlcoholEdu online module in Vector, click on the Help link in the left hand side navigation. For technological issues connected to University of Notre Dame systems, you are welcome to contact the OIT Help Desk. You are also welcome to contact McDonald Center for Student Well-Being (574-631-7970) during normal business hours (Monday - Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM Thursday- Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM End of Semester and Christmas Break Finals Week: Normal Hours Dec. 19-22: M-F 8:00AM - 5:00PM Dec. 23-Jan. 2: Closed Jan. 3-13: M-F 8:00AM - 5:00PM).
What if I already completed AlcoholEDU during a prior semester?
If you previously completed AlcoholEDU at Notre Dame please email McDonald Center for Student Well-Being, email@example.com. Please include information on which year and semester you completed the course, we will check our records and email you back a conformation that you can forward to your instructor. If you completed AlcoholEDU somewhere other than Notre Dame you will have to contact their program administrator to get confirmation.
IMPORTANT: AlcoholEDU recently changed from being run by EVERFI to Vector Solutions Mid December 2022. If you completed the course on the old EVERFI platform, you will not be able to log into that system anymore to print off a certificate.
For information on how to utilize computer labs on campus to complete AlcoholEdu, please visit OIT's Computer Lab Locations & Hours page.