Notre Dame Community & Alcohol Use
Inspired by the characteristics of our Catholic Holy Cross tradition, we believe our shared commitment to building a vibrant and inclusive community of students, staff, and faculty, in which the dignity of all persons is valued and championed, is integral to our mission and your educational experience. Grounded in this commitment, the University invites you to engage in programs central to fostering your safety, well-being, and sense of belonging as a new student at Notre Dame. To that end, the University has adopted AlcoholEdu.
AlcoholEdu is an evidence-based, interactive online module that will take about one hour to complete. Alcohol is a significant issue in the lives of students in both high school and college, and it affects individuals as well as our families and friends. Like many universities across the country, alcohol use also impacts our Notre Dame’s community.
AlcoholEdu is designed to help you develop critical skills to make more thoughtful and intentional choices, reduce the negative consequences of alcohol use, and prepare to join a strong community of individuals working to make ND safer, healthier, and more inclusive. Our aim is that you will employ skills learned in this course to find safety, wellness, and a sense of belonging here at Notre Dame and beyond. In addition, your participation in confidential course surveys guides our programming decisions for the rest of the academic year.
How to Complete AlcoholEdu
Please note: the AlcoholEdu module and content will not be accessible until after the launch date in August (details below). Prior to that date, students will receive error messages if they try to access the content. If you are still receiving error messages after the launch date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students will need internet access and audio capabilities to complete the course. There are multiple ways to access the course:
- Log into Sakai and follow the link from the "Just Around the Bend" site.
- Or, access the course through the email invitation sent to you from an EVERFI email address.
- About 6 weeks after the Part 1 deadline, you will receive an automated email asking you to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu, which will take about 15 minutes to complete. Accessing Part 2 can occur in either of the above ways.
- The course includes surveys to help personalize the experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors.
- All survey responses are strictly confidential; the University of Notre Dame will only receive information about the student body as a whole and completion progress, but will never see an individual student’s answers.
- Students may complete the course in multiple sittings and progress will be saved.
- As a returning user, always return to AlcoholEdu through the AlcoholEdu task within the 'Just Around the Bend' Sakai site or through the emailed link.
- If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact the McDonald Center for Student Well-Being (574-631-7970 or email@example.com).
Part 1 Launch: August 9
Part 1 Deadline: August 23
Part 2 Launch: October 25
Part 2 Deadline: November 19
Part 1 Launch: TBD
Part 1 Deadline: TBD
Part 2 Launch: TBD
Part 2 Deadline: TBD
Please note: the AlcoholEdu module and content will not be accessible until after the launch date. Prior to that date, students will receive error messages if they try to access the content. If you are still receiving error messages after the launch date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing issues with the AlcoholEdu online module, you are welcome to visit the 24/7 Online Support Center. For technological issues connected to University of Notre Dame systems, you are welcome to contact the OIT Help Desk. You are also welcome to contact McDonald Center for Student Well-Being (574-631-7970) during normal business hours.
For information on how to utilize computer labs on campus to complete AlcoholEdu, please visit OIT's Computer Lab Locations & Hours page.