Notre Dame Community & Alcohol Use
One of our greatest blessings as a University is our strong community, where we aspire to cultivate a sense of connection and care for one another. Students are expected to participate in and contribute to our community in many ways, and we in turn want to do all that we can to support safety, well-being, and formation.
To that end, all incoming students are required to complete AlcoholEdu, an evidence-based, interactive online module that will take about one hour to complete. Alcohol is a significant issue in the lives of students in both high school and college, and it affects individuals as well as our families and friends. Like many universities across the country, alcohol use also impacts Notre Dame’s campus.
AlcoholEdu is a research-based, best practice online educational module created by EVERFI for college students. It is designed to develop critical skills to make more thoughtful and intentional choices, reduce the negative consequences of alcohol use, and prepare students to join a strong community of individuals working to make ND safer, healthier, and more inclusive every day. Our hope is that with the skills learned in this course, students will find greater success here at Notre Dame and beyond. In addition, participation in confidential course surveys guides programming decisions for the rest of the academic year.
How to Complete AlcoholEdu
Students will need internet access and audio capabilities to complete the course.
- Log into http://inside.nd.edu using your netID and password.
- Search for “AlcoholEdu” and click on the AlcoholEdu task. You will be taken to the AlcoholEdu registration page.
- On the AlcoholEdu registration page, you may be asked for additional information to complete the creation of your AlcoholEdu account. You will NOT need to create an additional username and password.
- Approximately 45 days after you complete AlcoholEdu, you will receive an automated email asking you to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu, which will take about 15 minutes to complete.
- The course includes surveys to help personalize the experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors.
- All survey responses are strictly confidential; the University of Notre Dame will only receive information about the student body as a whole and completion progress, but will never see an individual student’s answers.
- Students may complete the course in multiple sittings and progress will be saved.
- As a returning user, always return to AlcoholEdu through the AlcoholEdu task within the First Year Studies task center or by searching within inside.nd.edu after logging in using a netID and password.
- If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact Jenna Gehl Jones, McDonald Center for Student Well-Being (574-631-7970 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Launch Date - July 23
Part 1 - Due August 17
Part 2 - Due November 4
If you are experiencing issues with the AlcoholEdu online module, you are welcome to visit the 24/7 Online Support Center. For technological issues connected to University of Notre Dame systems, you are welcome to contact the OIT Help Desk. You are also welcome to contact McDonald Center for Student Well-Being (574-631-7970) during normal business hours.
For information on how to utilize computer labs on campus to complete AlcoholEdu, please visit OIT's Computer Lab Locations & Hours page.