Pornography Filtering Resources
Pornography Filtering Resources Mission Statement:
Through our commitment to the formation and flourishing of each person, the University of Notre Dame has studied and discussed the impact of pornography within society. Studies show that pornography can distort an individual’s view of sexuality, objectifies others as a source for pleasure, becomes an obstacle toward healthy relationships and ultimately harms the community. In response, Notre Dame has developed content for those struggling with or concerned about pornography use. These resources offer ways to help those struggling with pornography misuse and addiction as well as provide an alternative vision that upholds the dignity of each human being.
Pornography Filtering Free Services:
- OpenDNS: This easy-to-use service offers configurations that you can use to block explicit and other adult content on your computer, your home router, and your mobile devices.
- CleanBrowsing: This easy-to-use service offers configurations that you can use to block explicit and other adult content on your computer, your home router, and your mobile devices.
- Most web browsers also offer a "safe search" mode that you can enable to avoid explicit or adult content.
Pornography Filtering For-Fee Services:
- NetNanny: This for-fee service allows you to block specific content on your computer and mobile devices, and it also offers the ability to monitor how much time you spend on your devices.
- CovenantEyes: This for-fee service provides a community and tools to help avoid pornography.